Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Wedding Style

Since summer is upon us...finally... and since that means wedding season is also in high swing, I thought I would share my bridal look and essentials with you.

I got married in July of 2010 and my wedding day went off without a hitch!  That's not to say that I was not worried about things going wrong...just a little bit.

I had my hair done by the amazing girls of Sapphire Studio MUA.  They gave a look that was beautiful and classic with a modern touch.  If you are looking to have your hair, makeup and Mehndi done, you MUST give these girls a call.  Their work is one of a kind and will definitely turn heads.

I purchased the hair accessory from a company in China.







I decided to do my makeup myself.  I didn't want to look too over done.  I wanted to look like I 'normally' look.  I did a simple look for my eyes, and then wore red lipstick for a bit of drama.


My dress was a ball gown style dress with a pick-up feel on the bottom.  It was simple yet dramatic.  I loved it.  The bodice had just enough detailing, without being over the top.  I purchased my dress from Ethos is Calgary.





I wore a cathedral style veil which I think pulled my entire look together.  This style of veils retails for approximately $500.00.  I was able to find a designer in China, who sells their wedding fashions through ebay.  I paid $50.00 for my veil, plus shipping.  I was nervous as to whether or not the veil would be of good quality, but it was perfect in every way.




As for my shoes, I wanted to have a shoe that would pop every time I walked, and in pictures.  Because our wedding color was red, I decided to go with red shoes.  I bought these little gems at Town Shoes.



For the flowers, I wanted a classic bouquet of red roses.  The bridesmaids had bouquets of white lilies (my fave flower).  



Our three tiered cake was red and VERY yummy!  Each layer was a different flavor.  We used Cakes With Attitude to do our cake.  They did a great job!


For our photographer, we used Quantum Images Inc.  Julie and her team did an amazing job!  They spent the entire day with us, and we had a blast taking pictures with them all day.  They made us feel very comfortable.  If you are looking for an amazing photographer who will be more like a friend than simply a vendor you hired, give them a call.  Most of the pictures in this post were taken by Quantum Images.




The videographer we used was Dream Day Video Production.  They did a great job on the day of the wedding, and they also spent the entire day with us.  It was nice that they were there for the entire day, so we didn't need to rush through our reception to get all the essentials out of the way to ensure they could take the pictures.  However, when it came time to picking up the DVDs, we did experience some minor issues. Overall, they did a good job, but I would not use them again.

My handsome groom, and the rest of the wedding party guys all wore suits by Moores.  My hubby and the groomsmen all wore white suits with red vests and red ties.



My bridesmaids wore red dresses.  As you can see, they did not wear the exact same dress.  I wanted each of the girls to be comfortable in their dresses and I wanted the dress to really compliment their individual styles.


Our wedding day was a day we will never forget.  We had a blast celebrating our love with our friends and family.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, it's definitely the most personal post I've ever done.  Thank you for taking the time to read this.

XOXO

T.

















1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely amazing; you are such a beautiful bride.

    Linda Gardner and Sasha

    ReplyDelete